Monday, February 4, 2013

Zeus and Zoe February Challenge


It was my turn to present the monthly challenge at Zeus and Zoe, and seeing as my birthday falls on Valentines Day, I thought I would choose the theme of "LOVE". Not very original I know, but it can be "love" of any thing from chocolate to shoes, to siblings, to granparents. Get all the details on how to play along HERE.
In my Zeus and Zoe kit from Marivic's Etsy Store was this chipboard house, begging to be decorated, so it became my little "love shack". I think all love begins at home. Home is where the heart is, and home is where everyone should feel safe and loved.

I base painted the whole house in a tinted green gesso. Added different papers to some walls and cut up a very old piece of 'playing card' paper for the roof. Made some little banners with washi tape and tooth picks, added some flowers, resin embellishments and chipboard.
I've included photos of family members peeking out of windows and also the  eyes of my much loved doll I've had forever.







Thanks so much for dropping by; have a happy and creative week.
post signature