Friday, April 27, 2012

Circles, Squares, Diamonds, Triangles...............

Get out your compasses and set squares,the next challenge is up at Lets Get Shabby and it's all about Geometric Shapes......they appear to be the "in thing" at the moment,especially the hexagon.
Hop on over to the Lets Get Shabby blog and check out all the details for challenge #34
It was amazing to see how four people in the DT created with 'diamonds' so differently.I'd love to see what you can come up with too; it's a great challenge so I hope you can play along.


My choice of diamonds was an easy choice for me; I love them, and have used them a lot in other projects, but the other thing that influenced me was the diamond pattern on the sleeve of Indi's jumper:......doesn't she look like a little Eskimo.I love the diamond pattern that the buttoning on the chair makes and the beautiful Kaisercraft paper I've used for the background.

Products Used
paper: Kaisercraft,Charlotte's Dream "Fantasy" and "Daze".
Prima,Songbird "Title-it"
Websters, Your Life Is Beautiful"Garden Gala"
My Minds Eye, Stella & Rose "Hazel Papers"
Kaisercraft lace, Prima button and flocked Alphabets, Tim Holtz, mini paper clips. Stamps: Paperinspirations and Papermania, Chatsworth Vintage Collection.
Glimmermist and Gesso.

Thanks so much for dropping by; have a great weekend everyone. xx

17 comments:

  1. Certainly striking using the diamonds, adding such creates a real artistic flair... I really like the way you incorporated the diamonds in many forms and media..gorgeous colours too Gayle, and adorable photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all the diamond shapes, gorgeous and amazing details :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow..this looks amazing! look out hexagons... I think diamonds might be a girls best friend after all!! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic use of all these shapes, I am impressed and I love that gorgeous girl in the middle too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! I really like all the shapes on your lo! And that pic is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diamonds everywhere. I love it.. You know they are a girls best friend. Such an amazing page. And that photo just make me smile...

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, such delicious colours. Amaing photo too - just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a clever design using the diamond from Indi's jumper as your starting point. Clever work, Gayle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning, what a fantastic LO, I love how the diamond pattern appears in so many places, yet nowhere does it become too busy. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is too amazing Gayle! The diamond is a great shape - love it myself too!! I've seen you use it before...stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your diamond patchwork to the right too - it looks a little like argyle - very cozy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful, I really love that gorgeous photo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This came together beautifully.
    Thanks for popping by and leaving kind comments Gayle.
    Keep smiling and creating

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoah Gayle! this is more than just nice or cute, I find your page STUNNING! love checking out all the little details and discovering so much in there, the patterns, the shapes, how you have placed and layered everything, the splotches, misting and stamping. Really really beautiful and that photo certainly is adorable!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving your comment....always read and much appreciated.