Saturday, July 25, 2015
Posted by Gayle Price at 8:47 AM
Tuesday, July 21, 2015
Posted by Gayle Price at 8:08 AM
Saturday, July 18, 2015
The 'metal' drums were made from cardboard inner tubes
Black Gesso, Soft Gloss Gel, Mica Powders and embossing enamel were used to get a 'metalic' look.
Graffiti images pasted onto the walls.
Just an old junk shed.
With some eerie secrets.
More details and a list of materials can be found HERE on Finnabair's blog and all materials used in this project can be sourced from HERE at Mixed Media Place.
Posted by Gayle Price at 8:26 AM
Wednesday, June 24, 2015
1. Gesso pages first then use a waterproof ink to stamp with.
2. Use art Extravagance White Crackle Texture Paste through the Grungy Grid stencil for some extra pattern and texture.
3. Use image transfer for the face. art basics Soft Matte Gel works brilliantly for this process.
4. Add more stamping, dry emboss in white and add some washi tape.
Posted by Gayle Price at 10:54 PM
Tuesday, June 16, 2015
Detail of Finnabair's beautiful Gold and Teal Mica Powder and her fabulous Texture Paste used through a stencil.
Copper Micro Beads and Finnabair Mechanicals Metal details.
Step by step details of how I made this page and a list of materials used can be found HERE on the Finnabair blog, and these materials can be supplied from HERE at Mixed Media Place.
Posted by Gayle Price at 9:38 AM
Tuesday, May 26, 2015
You know the other great thing about a "try out practice journal" ? It totally eliminates the intimidating "where do I start" horror of a blank white page.....with out really knowing it, with freedom and abandon you have already started your page. Let it guide you and take you where it will...relax, enjoy the ride. Make it as fun or as serious as you want, it's your journal....express yourself.
Make yourself a brew, play with your mixed media, let your imagination fly loose and make some art.
Posted by Gayle Price at 10:17 AM
Wednesday, May 20, 2015
BUT, I can make marks on a page, I can draw lines and shapes, I can look at something and draw a line that represents what am looking at (copying), and so can we all.
I WANT to draw, I love the process, it doesn't matter how it looks in the end.
1) Lightly draw the eyes with pencil
2) Add some colour around the outside of the eyes.
3) Blacken in with pen or paint the darkest areas.
4) Use a white Posca Pen or white paint and draw eye lashes over the black areas.
5) Add more fine feathery eye lashes with a fine tip pen.
6) Finished eyes staring out of the page.
I used an image from a magazine to copy from for these eyes.
I added on some collaged elements, some doodling, some stamping and some hand writing.
Thanks for visiting, have a great week and next time you're sitting, doing nothing, pick up a pen, pencil, biro, crayon and just draw.
Visit Mixed Media Place HERE for some more "drawing" inspiration.
Posted by Gayle Price at 8:25 AM
Saturday, May 16, 2015
Mica Powders used to colour metal pieces. White Crackle Paste for texture. Chipboard coloured with Distress Stains and embossed with Aged Silver Embossing Enamel.
Thanks for visiting. Have a great weekend.
Posted by Gayle Price at 4:05 PM